It's been a jaw-droppingly good week but I needed every bit of yesterday (Saturday) to recover. Lead THE Cause is a sun-up-far-passed-sun-down affair with very little time for rest or recovery.
We are midway through this power-packed week at Lead THE Cause Denver and, already, God is doing so many amazing things. Here are just a few…
1. The Prayer time at Columbine High School.
It's hard to put into words the sight of almost 300 teenagers prayer walking around a high school that has forever been marked with a horrific school shooting that took place 16 years ago. It gave me chills to see four students carry one of the original Columbine crosses from the school to the Columbine memorial eight short minutes away.
This is an announcement I've been hoping to make for the last several years. Praise God with me for Debbie Bresina's new appointment as President of Dare 2 Share! Here's the official press release...
We filmed this like 10 years ago for a Dare 2 Share conference. We must have been trying to make some spiritual point or something but it's still pretty funny. Sadly, I make a good perpetrator and I may just have to grow back the mullet. HT Danny Oertli, Karl Wheeler and Megan Isaacson.
All I can say is "Wow!" and "Amen!"
God did so many amazing things this last week at Lead THE Cause in Chicago that, by the end of the week, the miraculous seemed normal! It truly felt like the book of Acts!
The Word of God spread and multiplied.
The believers spent time constantly in prayer.
There was no needy person among them.
Midway through the week I posted a blog of highlights (you can read it here) and, after that post, great things continued to happen! Here are just a few of them…
We are almost at the midway of Lead THE Cause in Chicago and I already have a list of highlights from this power-packed week. Here are a few…
1. Zane's Beard (it's epic!)
2. Conversations with teenagers in the hallways. So many teenagers from so many places ready to share their faith!
3. The Prayer Meeting at Moody Memorial Church. It was so powerful to hear teenagers read their "letters to God" that they wrote after a prayer walk through downtown Chicago. The power of these prayers brought tears to many eyes (including mine) as these teenagers called out to God on behalf of their lost friends.
1. The Chaifetz Arena is my favorite place to do a conference. It's huge, but intimate...a beautiful place to train teenagers to #GOSPELIZE!
2. This particular conference saw a proportionately large amount of teenagers indicate faith in Jesus for salvation!
3. We got to train youth leaders in a tent. Okay, so
1. My daughter got to go with me and we had the time of our lives. #MemoryMakers
2. Connecting with the great youth leaders from the Northeast who are no nonsense leaders of THE Cause in their own communities!
3. Meeting Gustavo Gonzales and some of his adults and teenagers who
1. Had a great conversation with Brandon Park (Sr Pastor at the host church, First Baptist Raytown) about what it takes to "Gospelize" a community!
2. Barbecue at Joe's. Wow!
3. Another great youth leader session with a ton of familiar faces from my friends in Nebraska!
1. Lifechangers church (the host church for the conference) got super pumped about the conference (and not just the youth group!) Custodians, executive assistants and even the production department were all excited about evangelism and evangelism training. One custodian lead a dude to Christ walking in off the